Old 19-11-2015, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Storm Barney

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 18:38:58 +0000, David Hill

wrote:

On 18/11/2015 10:49, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 10:39:11 +0000, divingbrit
wrote:

On Tue, 17 Nov 2015 23:24:53 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Feeling the full force of it where I live in the East Mids as we
speak.

Would agree its a tad brezzy here in Lincolnshire

Btw, who had the idea of naming them? Somehow it makes them seem
worse.

They were named after a public comp. We get a male and then a female
name alternatively. It was said on radio 4 this week that the female
ones have proved worse (that is the ones named in USA which has been
naming theirs for years) but that comment did come from a man!

Abigail (a big gale) was particularly appropriate, but the rest aren't
with the possible exception of Wendy (~windy?), if we ever get that
far down the list.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/news/in-...ame-our-storms

Just wait till we get hit by storm Christina.

Watch out for lows flying moles.
--

Martin in Zuid Holland

Actually, my mole seems to be gone (shush in case it returns)
Maybe my cat caught it, I told him to. Wishful thinking as the likelihood of
a mole popping up to the surface when my cat is walking past is minimal,
but it's not impossible. He once left me a bat on the doormat (yes, I
know..I'm sorry) but he came on his own as a thin lost boy, no-one claimed
him despite local radio appeals, so I kept him. He used to be out on rat
patrol every night, but now he's getting elderly he prefers to be on his
duvet. He can still kill a small rat but tbh nowadays it would have to
fall into his mouth. Too much trouble otherwise..
Tina