Old 22-11-2015, 09:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default ID please

On 21/11/2015 10:51, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 21:55:17 +0000, Vir Campestris
wrote:

There are lots of vole species. I doubt very much if there are enough
water voles to be a problem - for a start, they prefer to feed on
waterside vegetation.

Other species though - Lemmings are almost a sort of vole...

They are voles. They are a big enough problem in the north east of the
Netherlands and the adjacent part of Germany for the destruction they cause to
be visible from satellites.

They being lemmings, or they being the voles causing the problem?

I checked. Lemmings are closely related, but not a vole (I was surprised
- I thought they were).

I can easily believe some vole or other is causing the problem. I'd be
very surprised if it was water voles.

Andy