Old 24-11-2015, 04:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Sauerkraut report,,,

In article ,
George Shirley wrote:

If you like it, do it. I hear on those TV doctor shows that fermented
vegetables are good for you. Why do they never say chocolate and ice
cream are good for you?

Well, "they" actually do say that about dark chocolate (and then
backpedal about the sugar that makes it palatable); and I think there
are a lot of pseudo-sciencey claims made for fermented vegetables that
merely raise the background noise (though providing a home-grown source
of vitamin C is a good reason for Alaskans to put some up...If that show
is actually Alaskans in Alaska, given a large lack of reality in reality
shows and doubly for ones about Alaska.)

I do, indeed, make it because I like to eat it. And I'll try carrots
because I think they might end up tasty - but then, I thought that for
apples, and while tasty, they taste much like the cabbage they are with
does at the end, without seeming to change how that tastes much .vs. no
apples.