Old 26-11-2015, 11:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default The California Drought

On 26/11/2015 12:41 PM, User Bp wrote:
Fran Farmer wrote:

Hmmmm. I doubt whether any of that would be of concern to Australian
rural dwellers such as myself. We collect rain water from our roof and
although I have no idea what a squrrel poop looks like, bird poop is not
a problem and possum poo (not opossum) being from a marsupial is not
seen as a problem. Our roof water is used in our house (unfiltered and
untreated) for all the usual sorts of domestic activities.

Is that to say the water isn't even boiled before drinking it?

No. I've lived rurally for over 50 years of my life and the vast
majority of people who live outside towns or villages collect rainwater
off the roof for use in the house. I've never heard of anyone getting
sick from it or installing any treatment system.

I have heard of local villages advising residents to boil water before
use. Those village uses ground water and it's more suspect IME than
rainwater.