Old 27-11-2015, 06:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default The California Drought

Fran Farmer wrote:
User Bp wrote:

Is that to say the water isn't even boiled before drinking it?

No. I've lived rurally for over 50 years of my life and the vast
majority of people who live outside towns or villages collect rainwater
off the roof for use in the house. I've never heard of anyone getting
sick from it or installing any treatment system.

I have heard of local villages advising residents to boil water before
use. Those village uses ground water and it's more suspect IME than
rainwater.

yeah, living a long ways from larger cities the air
is likely to be much cleaner. i think i'd be ok
sometimes but other times (after high winds and a lot
of dust or times when they're spraying crops) i'd much
prefer to drink well water.

in my continued studies i'm seeing more and more
reports of septic systems not really doing much at all
and so for the longer term a better method should be
adopted. it's really a shame that so much good stuff
for plants is being wasted.

songbird