Old 30-11-2015, 12:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default AmericanEnglish again

In article ,
says...

Quite a while ago, I bought a neat little tool described as a "Widger."
Just a slightly curved piece of stainless steel sort of the size of a
largish pen; different widths on the 2 ends; used for pricking out
seedlings and transplanting small stuff.
The name sounds very British - is it?

I've had one of those useful little whatsits for years but never knew
its name :-)

Previously (and still for very small seedlings), I used a pocket sized
flatblade screwdriver.

Otherwise, I had to admit it isn't going to get any warmer for a while, so
removed the cylinders from 2 automatic greenhouse vents and tied the opener
mechanism closed for the duration.

It's mild but horribly wild wet and windy here and has been for days.
Gardening impossible but I've been sorting out saved seeds for next year
and making birdfood with saved fat.

Janet, Isle of Arran