Old 30-11-2015, 11:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] johndkingdon@gmail.com is offline

Default AmericanEnglish again

On Sunday, 29 November 2015 18:27:47 UTC, Gary Woods wrote:
Quite a while ago, I bought a neat little tool described as a "Widger." ......

Well I've been using my widger for years when pricking out seedlings. Makes the job a lot easier than using a screwdriver. I've also occasionally waggled my widger at the compost heap in the early morning (shielding shrubs mean the neighbours can't see). Waving a screwdriver over the compost heap doesn't have the same effect.

The OH says there's a real difference between a widger and a screwdriver.