Old 06-12-2015, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default Green tomatoes?

On Sat, 5 Dec 2015 21:03:07 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
.. .
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

or what else can I do with them?

I guess it's for the American to chime in:

Battered and fried?

I once had a film "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" which was
one of my of favourite films ever from the USA. and proves that you can fry
green tomatoes. If you get a chance to see it, please do. It's about
subtle love and I cried.

My mother fried slices of any of the garden grown tomatoes that were
unlikely to ripen before October. They were still green and fried
better than red tomatoes. That was along time before the film came
out.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com