Old 08-12-2015, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Timothy Murphy Timothy Murphy is offline

Default AmericanEnglish again

Martin wrote:

Actually, I think color is almost acceptable in the UK;

Not to me

Nor to me.

I think if you are living in a coding environment
you have to write "color", and then after a time it seems normal
to write it that way even if not coding.

I'm writing this with an american spell-checker.
I probably could change this, but it is easier
just to follow what the checker wants,
eg realized rather than realised.
(I see now that this is not necessarily an americanism -
a word my checker does not seem to like,
maybe she wants a capital Americanism, yes.)

--
Timothy Murphy
gayleard /at/ eircom.net