Old 09-12-2015, 06:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default AmericanEnglish again

On 9/12/2015 12:50 AM, Gary Woods wrote:
Timothy Murphy wrote:

I'm writing this with an american spell-checker.

I see a new reality show:

Linguist's death match!

Webster's vs. the OED!!!

:-)) I'm a huge fan of the OED but the trouble is that the 20 volume
big version I own, so often tells me that words that I prefer to spell
in the traditional British way are just as valid when I spell them the
US way. Very disappointing when I want to put on my pedant's hat and
insist that a certain word MUST be spelled a particular way.