Old 09-12-2015, 03:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tough Guy no. 1265 Tough Guy no. 1265 is offline

Default Ignorant Asda - tomatos

On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 15:01:46 -0000, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 14:09:41 -0000, "Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 13:37:57 -0000, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 09 Dec 2015 13:12:15 -0000, "Tough Guy no. 1265" wrote:

Why have Asda got tinned tomatos in the vegetable aisle?

http://mentalfloss.com/article/24881...-or-vegetables

Americans are stupid.

All of them?

Most, including the Supreme Court judge.

Fruits hang on things, vegetables are in or on the ground. And if you care to look up a proper website in the UK, not some backwards way first country, you'll find there is also a technical botanical reason a tomato is a fruit, to do with containing seeds. Same goes for beans.

Cucumbers and marrows contain seeds.

Yes, which is why they are fruits like I said.

Asda is American owned. You asked why and I told you.

The local manager of my store is not an American, therefore I expect them to have a brain. The local manager is also the one that organises the aisles. The head office in America does not tell them how to organise their products. They just own Asda, if there was an instruction coming from above, it would be from Leeds, the Asda head office. In America, it's called Wal-Mart.

Where do you expect to find strawberries?

With the rest of the fruit, as they contains seeds, and they're not in the ground, they're hanging from a small plant. Although there is some peculiarity about the ovary position which means it's technically different.

--
A federal survey shows that one in twenty Americans lack basic English skills.
The good news is, even without those skills someone can still become President.