Old 12-12-2015, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default AmericanEnglish again

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 08/12/2015 21:07, Christina Websell wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Dec 2015 09:33:06 -0500, Gary Woods

wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote:

Americans think they speak English,

I should probably remain silent and be just though a fool, but:

I never thought I spoke English, though I understand a lot of it
passably.
Watching "Last of the Summer Wine" has taught me there are subsets of
English that might as well be Swahili!

You never watched Rab C Nesbitt?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEDsoSaChP0
--

I have to admit that "extreme" Scottish can be difficult, but my father
came

Surely you are not calling Extreme Scottish as English.
You said that English only evolves in England.
You cant have it both ways.

Yes I can, I'm talking about accents now.