Old 13-12-2015, 01:04 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default i thought i was done

On 12/12/2015 6:55 PM, Derald wrote:
George Shirley wrote:

It's 74F outside and threatening/offering rain. Move south.

You ain't from around here, is you? Southern folk never never
suggest that a northerner "move south" (unless of course, he has some
swampland for sale)! You belong to be tellin' folks how just plain
awful the weather down here is. Remember the terrible drought followed
by the seemingly endless rain and widespread flooding with people dying
in their cars? _That's_ the story they need to be hearing about Texas
weather. ...sheesh: Old guys; damn....

It takes money to move here to Heaven on Earth, that's what we're after.
I would have never thunk that I would live in a community of 290 homes
with a lot of furriners in them. We have folks from at least ten
different countries and every state in the Union. I'm an old enough
Texian to remember when folks from other states were not really welcome
unless they had money with them. Actually the ones from Spanish speaking
regions are okay, I can understand them. It's the people from Northern
Europe that sound funny. They either speak British, which ain't good
English, or some furrin language with lots of strange sounding stuff in
it. As long as they share their cuisine with us we're fairly happy with
them. I miss our Russian next door neighbors, they went home in January
this year and the wife was an excellent pastry cook. I think I lost some
weight when she left.

If you're really lucky you might grow up to be an "old guy." G