Old 15-12-2015, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default To compost or not?

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 12:10:08 -0000, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

Strangely I never compost potato peelings, my mothers advice
some 55+ years ago. She said that potatoes would grow from
them. I'm sure it is one of those old wives tales, but such
long held habits are hard to break.

Years ago we had a huge compost heap used for any garden or kitchen
waste. Potato peelings often resulted in some potatoes growing on the
heap. The tubas they produced were perfectly edible.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com