Old 16-12-2015, 02:22 AM posted to rec.food.preserving,rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Rain

On 12/15/2015 08:41 AM, George Shirley wrote:
On 12/15/2015 9:28 AM, wrote:
On 14-Dec-2015, George Shirley wrote:

Wife and I gardened with our parents and started gardening again just a
short while after our marriage. Come December 26 we will be married and
gardening together for 55 years and we're not tired of either chore yet.

Hi George,
Married on Dec. 26th. I'll bet you never forget your anniversary
day :-)
John

She always reminds me several days in advance. She's got more stuff than
the average woman anyway, I just tell her "here, take this $100 bill and
buy yourself something." I never ask for presents for any occasion since
I have more stuff than I can use anyway. The kids, grands, etc. usually
bring me something to eat or something they made. Best gifts ever.

Mine (41 years now) loves it when I forget. She makes sure and
spring it on at about 2 hours into the day. She loves absolutely
LOVES the "sucking up" I go through after she reminds me.

But, she gives herself away. About five days before our
anniversary she gets an insufferable twinkle in her eye and
spring in her step. I know something is up.

She is a real keeper. Make up for her not coming with
a rifle or a boat for that matter. :-)

Tip: set an alarm in your computer. It will save a lot
of sucking up.