Old 16-12-2015, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default To compost or not?

On Wed, 16 Dec 2015 15:08:25 +0000, Adam Funk

On 2015-12-16, Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:

There are avocado stones in my compost but I've never noticed how long
they have survived.

Have you ever tried eating the skin? When I was about 12 I was at a
posh dinner. The salad included chopped up avocado. I didn't know I
was supposed to cut or bite the soft part off the skin. I just chewed
it until it went down the hatch!

It sounds quite bizarre --- to me, anyway --- that someone would chop
up an avocado with the skin still on to put in a salad.

I assume it's something to with appearance.

A quick Google finds many different sorts of avocado. They don't all
have tough skins.

Except in one of those cases.

Try Google with "soft skin avocado". There are lots soft skin
varieties, even species.

The most alarming thing to me is that the skin can be poisonous.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com