Old 17-12-2015, 06:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Doe Chris Doe is offline

Default To compost or not?

On 14/12/2015 22:51, Roger Tonkin wrote:

We recently had an ammount of cooked green veg, cabbage etc
left over from a dinner party.I wanted to put it on the compost
heap, but, swmbo said that you can not compost cooked food. Who
is right? To my mind whilst the texture may have changed and a
few additives like salt included basically raw & cooked are the
same!

Given that composting is a form of low temp cooking why would anybody
think that?

--
Chris in Dublin but not Irish