Old 17-12-2015, 02:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default More on Composting

In article ,
Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

I always knew that people love talking rubbish

We do, oh!, we do :-)

Whilst turning the compost, I came across a couple of large
"mats" of grass cuttings, compressed, but not rotting down - ...
I've chopped them up with the spade as much as I could, will
they now compost I wonder?

Sure to. Pee on them to make sure :-)

If they don't get air in them, they may turn into silage (which is
more-or-less what happened). No problem, just loosen them and put
them back for another go. I.e. exactly what you have done. It can
be done again, if any don't rot down this time.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.