Old 21-12-2015, 05:56 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] accentcreate@gmail.com is offline

Default Correct spelling: "veggie" or "vegie"?

On Tuesday, 10 February 1998 19:00:00 UTC+11, Gavin Atkinson wrote:
Hi everyone

I'm in Australia and want to clarify with some Americans about the
spelling of "veggie/vegie". Here we would use the word "vegie", but
I've noticed Americans using the double g. What do Americans most
commonly use: vegie or veggie?

Many thanks

Gavin Atkinson

I really would have to be 'Vegie' as a double 'g' would be pronounced with a soft g sound as in 'begging' or 'leggings', not a hard g as in vegetable.
simple rules of English