Old 21-12-2015, 10:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Oca

"Maurice & Doreen Larcombe" wrote
Bob Hobden wrote:
Planted in rows on humps they grew well and we dug up our first plant
yesterday. We had mixed colours and these were the cream coloured ones,
crop was good at just over 1.5Kg from one plant and all are usable as
the smaller ones can be eaten raw in salads. Texture raw is rather like
a radish with a pleasant quite mild vinegar/lemon taste, we roasted some
last evening and they were OK but nothing special, certainly won't
replace normal roast spuds on the plate. It will be interesting to try
the red ones IDC.

Planted the red OCA and Yacon last year interesting but nothing special
for eating and won't do it again

The question is why are they so popular in New Zealand?
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.