Old 22-12-2015, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Various exotic vegetables [was Oca]

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

Ours grew well and because of the very mild autumn they got a slight frost
and the top growth died down slowly over weeks which is why we didn't dig
them till now. The rest are still in the allotment. Size wise they are as
big as I've seen them and a crop of 1.5Kg from a plant is not bad. Only
tried the cream coloured ones so far, what colour tubers were yours as I
understand it makes a difference to the taste?

Pink and cream. They all cooked to yellowish, and tasted similar.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.