Old 24-12-2015, 06:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default New found respect for growing your own vegetables

Wife laid up with knee replacement has had me doing all the shopping for
food.

Cabbage at 98 cents a pound seemed outrageous.

I mentioned it to clerk and he said that is one of the cheap vegetables.

Lettuce, sold by the head, was weighed and actually sells for $1.25 lb.

Bunch of radishes wife wanted for salad also sold by bunch which I
figured was 27 cents per radish.

Astute banker told me the other day that economists have found that the
more food costs, the less people eat, so there is no increase in the
inflation rate because they spend the same for food.

I had been telling this to people as a joke but he was serious.