Old 27-12-2015, 05:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Flowers in my garden on Christmas Day

Janet wrote:
Hellebores (white and purple)

Pink hebe

Fatsia japonica

Alstromeria

Schizostylis (red and pink)

Ceanothus.

Fuchsia

Lavatera (pink)

Hydrangea

Eucryphia

Got fuchsia and pels still in flower, new seedlings of mimulus are springing
up between paving near the pots that housed them, the adult mimulus in those
seem to have put on a new spurt of growth.
I saved a few hundred seeds of these in the summer but I now get the feeling
I'm going to be over run with them without trying.

I don't mind stuff like this growing between paving, I've ended up with
dozens of clumps of forget-me-nots that have self seeded, so the blues and
yellows next year should look OK.

One side of my (90% paved) garden has half a dozen medium sized shrubs, each
planted where one stone has been removed.
Last year I had the bright idea of sprinkling some 'wild flower mix' - 50p
from one of the cheapo shops - all around each shrub.
The results were stunning, purples, yellows, reds and blues all at different
heights and shapes, almost all of these left masses of seeds behind so I've
a feeling next year should be interesting, given that it seems every seed
that blows in takes a hold between the paving stones.

still got lots of Verbena growing vigorously but no flowers, don't know
whether to put them in the greenhouse or throw them.

Chilli pepper that I sown in October now over a foot tall (indoors) - I'm
trying to get it well established ready for summer - greenfly always wipe
mine out before they reach this height when I start them off in spring