Old 01-01-2016, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flowers in my garden on Christmas Day

On Fri, 01 Jan 2016 13:02:03 +0000, Pam Moore wrote:

I'm a bit further south!
I can equal the 2 colours of sshizostylis and several hellebores. Have a
wall basket with bacopa still blooming and surfinia trying to! Also a
white argyranthemum, (the grey leaved white daisy), in a pot on my
patio! also ipheon in a pot and the garrya eliptica looking really good.
Just waiting for a frost!!!
Pam Flowers on rosemary

Well this is another strange winter so far, if that parses. Only one
frost and that was spotty. Some like cyclamen or nandina which would
normally be flowering are not, (though the nandina has many more berries
than usual), some others are really early (or late), daffs are 6-8 inches
high but I haven't seen a crocus up yet. Here's from a quick tour on Jan
1 (if I saw flowers, I wrote it down!):

'Paper Narcissus' daffs
Rosemary
Parsley
Fuschia
Snowdrops (lots and lots)
Geraniums
Iberis
Lavender (just some remaining shoots that haven't set seed yet)
primroses (cultivated, the wild are up but not blooming)
viburnum x bodnantense
berberis darwinii
kerria japonica
Field mint (Mentha arvensis)
Erigeron karvinskianus (Mexican Fleabane, mostly still going strong)
various hellebores
pieris japonica
Roses (a few here and there)
Chaenomeles (full of flowers)
Violets
Hazel
Laurel and Bay are nearly flowering, the laurel has set tall spiky buds.

Pam you remind me to try and plant a Garrya this spring.

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy