Old 02-01-2016, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Six Oranges

On 1/1/2016 6:43 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Golden globes hanging on my dwarf Washington.

Several fallen off because theysplit (why?) but I keep
exhorting the survivors to hang in there just two
more weeks till my children arrive from New York for
my birthday party.

Taste ineffable...

HB

Splitting is often caused by fluctuations in soil moisture. When it is
too dry, the skin becomes hard or tough. Then when there is abundant
moisture, the fruit inside the skin swells.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see