Old 05-01-2016, 09:02 PM posted to rec.gardens
Jeßus[_10_] Jeßus[_10_] is offline

Default Six Oranges

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 16:02:35 -0400, Leon Fisk
wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jan 2016 14:50:22 -0500
Boron Elgar wrote:

snip
I use what my clients use, as there are a lot of add-ons to Acrobat
that get used by them.

Still, I have never had any problems with it. What don't you like?

It is like inviting a cleaning service into your house. Everything
seems wonderful at first. Then you start to notice subtle little
things. Something got tossed you wanted to keep, other things got moved
a bit this way and that. New cleaning supplies in the closet that
really aren't what you would like being used. And you can't go back
to the way it was before you invited them on...

I can understand businesses that use Acrobat (paid for) to create
documents but there are plenty of good readers available nowadays that
don't rearrange your system as they see fit.

I've been using 'SumatraPDF' for at least a couple of years now. It
must be okay for general reading because I've never thought about
looking for an alternative in that time. As you say, there's a number
of good free alternatives out there, especially for just reading
files.