Old 13-01-2016, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mineraly enriched soil?

On 13/01/2016 12:39, David Hill wrote:
In Tesco yesterday I noticed that their premium parsnips claimed to be
grown in Mineraly enriched soil.
Any ideas whay this could be other than soil with fretilizer in it?
David @ a very soggy side of Swansea Bay

In this case I'm guessing that it's referring to trace elements rather
than the usual NPK(+Ca+S). It could be referring to soil in which a
mineral supplement (e.g. rock dust) has been added, or it could be
referring to a soil which naturally has higher levels of minerals.

One does hear about pastures being dressed with various elements to
address trace element deficiencies in cattle and sheeped.

--
SRH