Old 14-01-2016, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Mineraly enriched soil?

In article , david@abacus-
nurseries.co.uk says...

In Tesco yesterday I noticed that their premium parsnips claimed to be
grown in Mineraly enriched soil.
Any ideas whay this could be other than soil with fretilizer in it?
David @ a very soggy side of Swansea Bay

Rockdust. Take a look here

http://www.seercentre.org.uk/

I visited this place years ago and although it was using rockdust as a
dressing, the main growing medium was truckloads of composted waste
supplied by the local council. So I took all claims for the rockdust
effect, with a sack of mineral. :-)

The advertising standards association took the same view

https://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjud...e-SEER-Centre-
Trust/SHP_ADJ_220444.aspx#.VpfBnFKXOJc

"Therefore, because we did not consider that we had seen sufficient
substantiation to support the claims that the use of the SEER Rockdust
in soil would boost soil fertility and produce stronger and healthier
crops, we concluded that the claims were likely to mislead.

The claims breached CAP Code (Edition 12) rules 3.1 (Misleading
advertising), 3.7 (Substantiation) and 3.11 (Exaggeration).

Janet.