Old 14-01-2016, 10:21 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeßus[_10_] Jeßus[_10_] is offline

Default Preserving garlic

I'm looking for some alternative ways to preserve garlic. I've done it
in oil before but am interested in other methods. My favourite way is
to simply hang the bulbs in a cool, dark and dry place, but that only
seems to work for 8 months or so before it deteriorates and I'd like
to make it last until next harvest. Has anyone tried freezing the
cloves, either peeled or unpeeled? If so, what is it like after
thawing. TIA for any ideas.