Old 17-01-2016, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sea Drummer Sea Drummer is offline

Default VAT on tea?

On 17/01/2016 03:45, Robert Harvey wrote:
David Hill wrote:
Yesterday at hospital I went to the café for a cup of tea.
I was given a cup of hot water and a tea bag, I had to provide the
labour to make said cup of tea.
Just wondering if I should have to pay VAT on it?
The cost of a cup of hot water and a tea bag was £1.70

The cost of hot water, tea bag, 4 minutes of staff time, and groundrent to
the hospital was £1.70 , which also included some fraction of the cost of
cleaning in the evening.

where did you work out 4 minutes of staff time, and you did not even
answer the question just tied to defend the price with what look like
made up info. The answer can be found here

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/manuals/vfood.../vfood4220.htm

The water is a drink, and the tea just a flavor

---