Old 18-01-2016, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Ruth Stout , here I come

Terry Coombs wrote:
Thanks Derald ! Lots of good info there . My biggest problem here is that
I've let what decent soil I have get washed downhill . Thus the terraces ,
and heavy mulch to help keep rainwater from washing what I do have left
away - and to get that organic stuff into the soil . I will till this year
to incorporate what organics I have into the soil and to be sure I start
with it loose . Also to finish defining the terraces .

sometimes people dig up the soil at the bottom of the hill
and haul it up to the top again.

is the cold weather getting down your ways?

songbird