Old 20-01-2016, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Replacing a tree

On 19/01/2016 21:39, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/01/2016 15:50, Emery Davis wrote:
Bear in mind that walnuts take many years to fruit, I have one planted
in '93 (Franchette) that only has a few nuts, and another from 2002 that
has no sign of 'em.

That could be your climate.

We've got a catalpa, and it's done nothing in the two years we've been
here. We know what they _ought_ to look like, we've seen them in France.
He might have better luck with a walnut where he is.

But that's a though, Snr Alves - how about a catalpa? They don't like
wind BTW.

Andy

We have a couple of American walnuts in our local park. Very fussy about
fruiting. Usually nothing, but other years plentiful. The hulls stain
your skin a rather nice tan colour