Old 21-01-2016, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Replacing a tree

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 15:50:10 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

Not only are the flowers unusual and beautiful, the leaves are very
attractive too and have a curious habit of closing up in dull weather
and at night. A tree that goes to sleep.

As kids we loved to amaze our friends by breaking off a stalk and
bringing it inside where it would close.

Toulouse is quite hot in summer but they also do very well in Brittany
where they seem to like the sandy soil and don't mind the salt ocean
winds.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy