Old 24-01-2016, 12:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default SPAMing bins

Bob F wrote:
Brooklyn1 wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Direct Compost wrote:
We provide the best SPAMMING

Composting SPAM is a bad idea -- it gets very smelly and is sure to
attract raccoons and other bothersome beasts.

This is by far the best compost bin:
http://www.amazon.com/Algreen-Produc...rds=composters

I'd fill that little toy up in less than one mowing.

That composter is more than sufficient for household trimmings, coffee
grounds, tea bags, deadheaded flowers and such, and any large
branches, tree limbs, tree stumps, and such get tossed in the brush
piles in my hedgerows for critter shelter.
If you're composting grass clippings you're a fool... haven't you
heard of mulching blades? I mow ten acres with two mowers, a 7' and a
5', both fitted with mulching blades, there are no visible clippings
on my lawn, all those wee bits shivel up to nothingness within seconds
yet they add all their goodness to my turf, and evenly, and with no
extra labor on my part... even my 21" push mower is fitted with a
mulching blade, no need for the bag. Were I to collect ten acres
worth of clippings I'd spend more time handling clippings than mowing,
and truely accomplish nothing. Like I said, if you're composting
grass clippings you're a fool, a damned fool!
I have lots of trees too, I don't rake leaves either, each fall I go
about mowing those leaves with my mulching blades, mountains of leaves
reduced to nothing, all back into the soil in no time. Golf courses
and ball fields don't collect grass clippings, they're no fools, they
use mulching blades. Even landscapers use mulching blades, even on
postage stamp sized lawns in suburbia, no one with an IQ collects
grass clippings anymore, haven't for more than twenty years... except
for the fools.