Old 26-01-2016, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT - Still having computer problems

In article ,
Charlie Pridham wrote:
I thought I would resurrect my old machine, started off renewing the
hard drive but that didnt clear the problem (it is not going through the
boot sequence tries to start windows but dumps you into the repair
screen and then retries and keeps going in cycles) so I assumed it must
be the motherboard or processor, so I have just fitted a new one of
those but it still has exactly the same problem.

If you have replaced the hard drive, motherboard and processor,
then the power supply is by far the most likely scenario. The
trouble is that the symptoms can arise from almost anything,
including peripheral boards if you have them, because of the way
modern boot software is written.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.