Old 27-01-2016, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_5_] is offline

Default OT - Still having computer problems

On Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:53:29 +0000, divingbrit
wrote:

On Tue, 26 Jan 2016 20:23:59 +0000, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

I recently managed to salvage my old computer onto a windows 7 machine,

Far to much worry and work until you have tried running your printer
software on a newer (not nessary new machine)
Running new computers with the latest OS and putting it into
'compatibilty' mode works in very many cases.

Not always. I have a CD that won't play on any OS more recent than W7
so I'm not upgrading. It's the driver based CD copy protection that
has not been changed for W8 or W10. There are other CDs that use the
same copy protection.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software for Windows http://www.npsnn.com