Old 04-02-2016, 03:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Hypatia Nachshon Hypatia Nachshon is offline

Default "Acid" oranges?

On Friday, January 29, 2016 at 11:47:28 AM UTC-8, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
Follow-up to "Six Oranges".

Saved for ritual tasting by visiting family. One reported "acidic". Why?!
I water & feed them regularly; they get plenty of sun; good soil. My heart is broken. Any thoughts?

HB

Thanks to all for input.

These are dwarf Washington oranges. I tasted one and it was a little on the "sharp" side, for a variety that is usually milder. I fed tree with regular commercial citrus fertilizer.

Previous crop from same tree was less "acidic", if memory serves. Is there any wisdom out there relating to types/effects of fertilizer? I can't think of any other variable.

Would hate to wait another year for same result.

TIA

HB