Old 05-02-2016, 10:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Hedge ideas - windy location, acidic soil, mild climate

Amos Nomore wrote:
Brooklyn1 said:

As an aside, pyracantha is one of my favorite specimen plants to
aspalier on a fence/wall but I don't suggest using it as a hedge where
anyone, especially children, may inadvertantly walk/run into it (even
a pet dog), its thorns are deadly... before planting a pyracantha
hedge I strongly suggest consulting your attorney.

Typical b1 bs hyperbole.

You have nothing useful to contribute? Your kind of hotair blowhard
is why people post that they are leaving this newsgroup... obviously
you've never seen a pyracantha. For the sane folks here planting a
pyracantra hedge is like erecting a barbed wire fence, only far more
seriously dangerous due to its danger not being readily obvious. Super
Max prisons could use pyracantha in lieu of razor wire. Pyracantha and
similar plants are what herdsman used to contain cattle and other
livestock before barbed wire was invented. Here's another:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/organ...maz85zsie.aspx
Famous Amos Nomore Know Nothing knows absolutely nothing about
gardening, it's a pointy headed imbecile and a trolling newsgroup
disruptor.
/\
/ \
/ \