Old 07-02-2016, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fran Farmer Fran Farmer is offline

Default Disappearing lawn

On 6/02/2016 8:38 PM, Another John wrote:
In article ,
David Hill wrote:

On the bright side the chances are that after this winter we wont have
another prolonged soak like we are having for several years ...

David -- I'd *love* to know what the basis for your saying this is! In
the currently relentlessly miserable world (from floods to refugees to
econonomic crises) that would be something to look forward to! (yeah
yeah yeah --- we'll have droughts instead, huh? :-)

Be very careful what you wish for!

For a gardener, it's very distressing to see plants curl up and die
because of lack of water or to even sit there and do nothing as the
water they are being given is only just keeping them alive but is not
enough to make them thrive.