Old 12-02-2016, 03:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default yay California!

On 2/12/2016 1:53 AM, songbird wrote:
Ecnerwal wrote:
songbird wrote:

El Nino is gradually shifting north and is hoped to
start making some storms for southern CA in a week or
two... we shall see and continue to hope so.

...and then the mudslides and/or debris-flows will start. Never a dull
moment.

not in such a place with their soils and climate.

so much could be done if people wanted to do the
work.

Locally, we are actually having snow (a little) and frigid
weather in February. Which is only odd because we were having spring
last weekend, complete with a flowering snowdrop and plenty of mud.

yeah, we had a warmer spell too, but i'm glad it
has returned to cold so that the trees don't flower
too early. it's going to be minus F for several nights
if the forecast holds.

presume Fran is having what, mid-late summer?

getting towards the equinox. it's nice to have the
days getting longer again.

songbird

Brr! Going to be upwards of 70F here today. I could not live where it
gets that cold. I'm hoping climate change turns us into a desert.