Old 13-02-2016, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Everyone blown away by the gales?

On 13/02/2016 12:15, David Hill wrote:
What has happened to everyone?

Few broken panes on one of the greenhouses (my fault as I hadn't noticed
that some clips had rusted out due to leaking gutter)

All fixed although getting one of the triangle shapes cut was amusing,
sizes given were 610 x 520 x 8 mm so I had drawn the shape (a triagle
with a small corner cut off) and written the numbers next to the sizes.
when the glass cutter came back I could see straight away the shape was
wrong so I queried it and she said " thats what you gave me 610mm x
520mm x 8 inches!!" she was a good bit younger than me so I was a tad
surprised. I have not given glass measurements in inches for a good 20 years

--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk