Old 14-02-2016, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Everyone blown away by the gales?

"David Hill" wrote

What has happened to everyone?

Not any damage I've found yet luckily. Lost a lot of the old leaves on the
big Cordyline but that's good.

Still waiting for our allotment soil to dry our so we can start working it
and do some hoeing. Daren't tread on it at the moment it's so wet I'm sure I
could throw pots with it.
Got to get all the Leeks up and dumped as they have this "new" Onion Fly and
are unusable. What with that and Leek Moth a veg that was one of the easiest
to grow has become almost impossible in just a few years. We will try again
this season but will have to time sowing to when the fly will be between
hatchings and then cover with enviromesh if that is possible on an allotment
with foxes about. Certainly fleece is just a toy for them to rip up
overnight.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.