Old 16-02-2016, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Finally some frost

On 16/02/2016 10:01, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:

We've yet to see a sub-zero temperature here this winter. Last night
on the coast about 3C but no ground frost, and a little colder further
inland. A very slight breeze probably kept the GF away.

Not surprisingly, that is entirely different in Cambridge, though
we have not yet had a hard frost. Last night was c. -5, with hoar
frost still present at 10 am.

I found myself driving into Cambridge yesterday with snow on the car.
None in the city, so it must have looked odd. (We're 400ft up)

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/dtg/weather/daily-text.cgi?2016-02-16
reports -5.7 last night.

Andy