Old 22-02-2016, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Ogilvie Malcolm Ogilvie is offline

Default Wet socks wearing Wellies...why?

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 18:16:21 +0000, Racquel Darrian . wrote:

I've had three pairs of new wellington boots and all three have me with
wet socks by the end of the day.

I double sock and the top pair are wet at the end of the day but the
inner pair aren't that bad so I'm ruling out perspiration.

Is this usual for wellington boots?
Am I doing something wrong?

TIA

I can't help wondering how many pairs of feet you have that you need three pairs of new
wellingtons!

I have just a single pair which I wear with ordinary thin socks, the same that I wear with
a pair of shoes. I do not get wet socks because my feet do not heat up as they surely
would if I wore thick socks, let alone two pairs. I may be lucky that my feet do not get
cold in wellingtons as I know some people's do, but I chose the size so that they are
quite close fitting in just thin socks and it certainly works for me.