Old 22-02-2016, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Wet socks wearing Wellies...why?

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 21:17:34 +0000, Nick Maclaren wrote:

Please ignore the troll. But, back to boots. I recommend thick woollen
socks (e.g. Brashers), which will get damp, but remain warm. I also
recommend proper boots, not Wellingtons, as used on building sites or
for hill walking (but there's no need for anything too expensive).

I'm very sorry to say I replaced my Le Chameau pair after good service,
only to find that these are now manufactured in Morocco and are sadly not
the same quality. The price was of course unaltered. I then found out
that the very fine St Hubert line, which I have never been able to afford
but have tried on (the Duchess wears those) are being discontinued as the
skills to make them don't exist at the new site. Another lotto dream
crushed, alas...

At the other end of the welly market, I bought a really cheap pair of
fleecy-lined ugly black wellies in Lidl for about £7 iirc and they are
extremely warm dry and comfy to wear.

Janet