Old 23-02-2016, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wet socks wearing Wellies...why?

On Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:03:20 +0000, David Rance wrote:

On Mon, 22 Feb 2016 21:38:57 Emery Davis wrote:

I'm very sorry to say I replaced my Le Chameau pair after good service,
only to find that these are now manufactured in Morocco and are sadly
not the same quality. The price was of course unaltered.

I called in at the Le Chameau factory near Pont d'Ouilly two summers ago
hoping to get a new pair of wellies. The stock was very poor and I came
away with nothing. :-(

Indeed, I read after that they were acquired with the usual promises a
couple of years before the jobs were shipped south. What a shame to see
a local institution disappear.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy