Old 23-02-2016, 09:40 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Rooting Rose Cuttings?

I want to try to root cuttings of a rose from someone else's garden
(with permission), a rose that is no longer available commercially.

The question is: what type of cutting is most likely to be successful --
succulent new growth, somewhat woody but green almost mature growth, or
truly mature growth?

--
David E. Ross

While many tributes to the late Supreme Court Associate Justice
Antonin Scalia now fill the news media, his legacy was not
necessarily positive. See my "What Price Order, Mr. Justice Scalia?"
at http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_scalia_wrong.html.