Old 27-02-2016, 07:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default When can you go out and cut the grass?

On 26/02/16 18:50, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
I'd go and do it tomorrow, if it was a sensible thing to do. Apart from
the fact that my neighbours would think I'd gone mad. But when's the
earliest you can do it without harming the grass. I don't want the
first cut to be left until i's very too long, as I use a hand push
mower, and if it's too long, I end up with quite a few stalks sticking
up that just refuse to be cut.

Did mine on Thursday afternoon. A bit higher cut than usual - 50mm. I've
been waiting for weeks for it to be dry enough to cut.

I won't even contemplate how much moss there is underneath all the grass...

--

Jeff