Old 27-02-2016, 12:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dan S. MacAbre Dan S. MacAbre is offline

Default When can you go out and cut the grass?

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote:
On Sat, 27 Feb 2016 11:50:28 +0000, "Dan S. MacAbre"
wrote:

The chap who does my garden treated the lawn to kill the moss last
year. Now there is a bald patch. I preferred the moss!

Steve

Over the last few years, since I've tried to keep the moss away
completely, I've sort of noticed that over winter, there is certainly
more bare soil. I find that the patches soon grow over, though. Less of
a pain than moss, IMHO.

Have you ever tried to grow moss? In my previous house we had a pond
surrounded by lots of sandstone rocks. I spent years trying to get
moss to grow on the rocks but failed.

Steve

Never tried, but have plenty of it on sandstone rocks. Our back garden
is rather overhung, and I assume that helps. Don't people suggest
yoghurt if you want to cultivate moss?