Old 27-02-2016, 03:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default When can you go out and cut the grass?

In article , says...

I'd go and do it tomorrow, if it was a sensible thing to do. Apart from
the fact that my neighbours would think I'd gone mad. But when's the
earliest you can do it without harming the grass. I don't want the
first cut to be left until i's very too long, as I use a hand push
mower, and if it's too long, I end up with quite a few stalks sticking
up that just refuse to be cut.

I've just cut my rather long grass in the back. Just took off
the top 2/3ins. It had not been cut since September, but kept
growing and stayed wet, so as I use an electric mower, I've had
to wait until it dried - well almost!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales